Your general insurance needs, catered to under a package product, including:
- Property - Commercial and Home
- Machinery Breakdown
- Inland Marine
Small Business Insurance
Business and trade packages suitable for rural and regional businesses.
General Insurance Code of Practice (Code)
Since 1 January 2022, our insurer HDI Global Specialty SE – Australia (ABN 58 129 395 544, AFSL 458776) is a signatory to the General Insurance Code of Practice (Code). The Code outlines the standards that insurers need to deliver. It lets you know what you should expect from your insurance company.
Introduced by the Insurance Council of Australia (ICA), the Code sets out the standards that general insurers must meet when providing services to their customers. It also sets out timeframes for general insurers to respond to claims, complaints and requests for information from customers.
The objectives of the Code are:
- to commit us to high standards of service;
- to promote better, more informed relations between us and you;
- to maintain and promote trust and confidence in the General Insurance industry;
- to provide fair and effective mechanisms for the resolution of complaints and disputes you make about us; and
- to promote continuous improvement of the General Insurance industry through education and training.
The Code Governance Committee is an independent body that monitors and enforces insurers’ compliance with the Code as well as identifying areas for improvement of insurance practices and helping the general insurance industry understand and comply with the Code.
Anyone can report alleged breaches of the Code to the CGC at any time.
Further information about the Code or the Code Governance Committee and your rights under it is available by visiting here.